This knowledge-base website is under the responsibility of the University of Twente who coordinates the RiverCare programme. The Water Engineering and Management group of the Faculty of Engineering Technology manages the RiverCare – NCR knowledge-base. During the programme duration (Dec 2014-Dec 2019), this function is staffed to a researcher of the University of Twente who act as contact person via the Communication and Knowledge-base project:
- University of Twente
- P.O. Box 217
- Enschede, The Netherlands
- Contact person: Juliette Cortes
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (+31) (0)88 335 8273
- During the programme duration and for five years more, this website will continue under the umbrella of the The Netherlands Centre for River studies (NCR) to support via their mailing list and dissemination events the communication strategy.
- The RiverCare programme initiated with the network of the NCR is a cooperative alliance between Deltares, Rijkswaterstaat, Delft University of Technology, University of Twente, Utrecht University, IHE Delft, Wageningen University & Research and Radboud University Nijmegen. The communication of the programme is coordinated via RiverCare NCR knowledge-base.
Privacy and cookie statement
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file containing an identity code. Your computer stores it. When you next visit the website, the code is retrieved, allowing an individual visitor or computer to be recognised. They do not cause harm to your computer.
How do I opt out of using cookies?
If you wish to stop your computer accepting cookies, go to the help section of your internet browser (for example Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox). You can opt out of using cookies at any time.
What are cookies used for?
- Social media. You can post an article directly from this website to social media like LinkedIn and ResearchGate. These social websites need to know who you are to work properly.
- Analytics. Cookies are used to anonymously measure your use of this website to improve your experience.
- Strictly necessary. Cookies on this website are strictly necessary for this website to work properly. They cannot be disabled.
Which cookies do we use?
RiverCare and the University of Twente recognise the importance of protecting your data and takes the necessary measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unrequested changes. If you feel like your data is not secured well or if there are signs of abuse, please contact us. We have taken the following precautions to secure your personal data:
- Security software, such as a virus scanner and a firewall.
- TLS (previously SSL); you data is sent through a secure connection. You can verify this by looking for the ‘https’ prefix in the address bar, as well as the lock icon.
- DNSSEC is an extra layer of security (building upon DNS) for translating a domain name (https://kbase.ncr-web.org/rivercare/) to the IP address assigned to this domain; a digital signature is added to this. This signature is automatically checked. This way, we prevent you from connecting to a fake IP address.
- DKIM, SPF and DMARC are three internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving emails in our name that contain viruses, spam or phishing attempts.
Use of personal data
Use of personal data
Whenever you make use of our services, you may submit certain personal data. We collect and utilise solely the personal data which you may provide directly as follows:
- Full name (upon submission of contact form)
- Email address (upon submission of contact form or whenever optionally provided)
- Main category of your organisation (only to anonymously measure the type of website visitors)
- Main discipline you are working with (only to anonymously measure the type of webiste visitors)
- Cookies are used to anonymously measure your use of this website to improve your experience.
The services and processing for which we collect this data are as follows:
- If you complete a contact form on this knowledge-base, or send us an email, then the data you submit is received by the administrator of this knowledge-base who forward your inquiry to the contact detail your request for.
- The personal submitted data (email and name) is retained for as long as necessary for the purposes of the form in question, or to fully address the topic of your email.
- Your contact form is stored at a server of the hosting-service provider ‘Hostnet’ that our ICT service provider “Bullit Solutions”, has contracted for this purpose.
- Afterwards the personal data (email and name) is manually erased or anonymised. Contact form comments are stored in the research data repository DataVerse to keep track of the collected comments.
- If you fill in a feedback form about the user experience and usefulness of the pages in this knowledge-base, then the data you submit is collected via Hotjar or the Utwente Online Survey system (https://utwentebs.eu.qualtrics.com/).
- The personal data is optional (email) and its is retained for as long as necessary for the purposes of the form in question, or to fully address the feedback topic.
- Afterwards the personal data (email) is manually erased or anonymised.
- Anonymised user experience data that are used for research purposes and contact form comments are stored in the research data repository DataVerse to keep track of the collected feedback./li>
We disseminate our newsletter via the Netherlands Centre for River Studies (NCR) mailing list in which we inform interested parties about our program and updates. Your email address is added to the list of subscribers solely with your explicit consent. Each issue of the newsletter contains a link which you can use to unsubscribe. The mailing list is managed by the NCR, not RiverCare or the University of Twente have access to the personal data. We only have access to anonymous measures to do statistical analysis about the type of website visitors that are opening the mailing content.
Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this statement. It is therefore advisable to regularly consult this statement, in order to remain abreast of any such amendments made.
Last modified: 24/06/2018